Xylitol Mittens with Flap
Xylitol Mittens can be knitted either as traditional mittens, as fingerless mittens or as mittens with flap. The pattern includes instructions for all three options.
Jamieson & Smith 2 Ply Jumper Weight – 100% Real Shetland Wool
- Yarn A – Shade FC11 Lime: 1 x 25g ball
- Yarn B – Shade 65 Turquoise Green: 1 x 25g ball
- Yarn C – Shade 82 Pine: 1 x 25g ball
- Yarn D – Shade 62 Light Green: 1 x 25g ball
- Yarn E – Shade 27 Light Grey: 1 x 25g ball
- Yarn F – Shade FC44 Brown Mix: 1 x 25g ball
2.75mm (UK12/US2) DPNs, set of five, or your preferred needles for working small diameters in the round, or size needed to obtain tension.
Stitch holders of waste yarn Stitch markers
To fit medium sized adult hands with 20.25cm/ 8in palm circumference. Finishedmeasurements:21.25cm/8.5inincircumference and 21.5cm/ 8.5 in long from top of cuff to fingertips.
34 sts and 36 rows = 10cm/4in using 2.75mm needles over colourwork pattern.
Use good firm tension for the ribbing and for the stocking stitch thumb.